Small Business

Home/Tag:Small Business

Small business is the backbone of the United States Economy. Small businesses comprise 99.7% of U.S. Employer firms, responsible for almost two-thirds of new private sector jobs, and half of the private sector employment, payroll, and output.

Small business owner opens business

At the core of the American Dream was coming to America, starting your own business, buying a home, and raising a family. If the “chief business of the American people is business” as President Calvin Coolidge said, than the chief growth of business is the entrepreneur.

While not as flashy as the venture-capital backed startup, owner operated businesses employ many people, and create income and wealth for their owners. Whether an attorney with a small law firm, a doctor in private practice, or a restaurant owner, business owners need help with managing areas of bookkeeping, financial planning, and payroll.

Most of our clients are business owners, and we manage all of their financial affairs related to the compliance and tax obligations. This is important because most of these companies are organized as LLCs or S-Corporations, which are forms of pass through entities. It is impossible to engage in tax planning or strategy without seeing a holistic picture of your income and net worth.

Payroll often presents a huge problem for owner-operated companies. If taxed as a partnership, you often are not permitted to run payroll for the owners. If taxed as an S-Corporation, it is often required that you run payroll. These areas of taxation are straightforward, but the penalties for non-compliance are unreasonable, so it is important that you work with a CPA that understands you and your situation.

Financial Success in Miami: A Roadmap for Startups

By |2023-07-31T17:05:30-04:00July 31st, 2023|Categories: Miami Monday|Tags: , , , , , , |

Happy Miami Monday! Today I'll provide valuable insights and tips to help you navigate Miami's financial landscape and set your entrepreneurial journey on the path to success.

Contract CFO vs. Traditional CFO: Which is Right for Your Business?

By |2023-08-15T12:12:00-04:00July 13th, 2023|Categories: Quickies with Bette|Tags: , , |

In today's dynamic business landscape, companies of all sizes are exploring alternative solutions to meet their financial leadership needs. It’s best to compare the responsibilities, costs, and benefits of hiring a contract CFO versus a traditional full-time CFO.

The Impact of Fractional Controllers on Business Performance

By |2023-08-15T12:13:38-04:00July 5th, 2023|Categories: Quickies with Bette|Tags: , , , |

In today's competitive business landscape, effective financial analysis and monitoring of KPIs are crucial for driving growth and improving financial performance. Fractional controllers play a vital role in providing businesses with the necessary expertise to conduct meaningful financial analyses and track KPIs accurately. 

Contract CFO: From Strategy to Execution for Your Business

By |2023-08-15T12:14:32-04:00June 28th, 2023|Categories: Quickies with Bette|Tags: , , |

As businesses navigate an increasingly competitive landscape, having strong financial leadership is crucial for success. While hiring a full-time CFO may seem like the obvious choice, there's another option that offers numerous advantages: hiring a contract CFO.

Go to Top