Tax Forms

Home/Tag: Tax Forms

There are numerous forms required by the IRS and State Revenue organizations. Somethings are related to specific tax forms, how to fill out tax forms, or what goes on which tax forms.

Many common tax forms for individuals include the W-2, 1040, 1040-SR, and 1099-MISC. Prior versions of the 1040 include the 1040-A and the 1040-EZ, retired after 2018.

The 1040 is the standard American Individual Tax form, everyone can file it.

The Form 1040-SR is available as an optional alternative to using Form 1040 for taxpayers who are age 65 or older. Form 1040-SR uses the same schedules and instructions as Form 1040 does.

1040A was an American individual income tax form. Your income must have been less than $100,000 and could only be from certain income sources. Only certain adjustments to income and tax credits could be claimed. Not itemization was allowed.

1040EZ was an American individual income tax form. This form was the simplest of the 1040 forms for use only when you have extremely simple income and taxes. You could only use this form if you have no dependents, income is less than $100,000, claim no income adjustments (like student loan deduction), don’t claim tax credits other than the earned income tax credit, amongst other things.

The W-2 is the report of wages for people that work a job that are paid a wage or salary, referred to as “on payroll.” The 1099-MISC is used to report money paid to a contractor or vendor for non wage or salary work. This is referred to as “contractors” or “off payroll.”

Load More Posts
Go to Top