The tax filing deadline for individuals (Form 1040), partnerships and LLCs (Form 1065), and trusts (Form 1041) is next Monday, April 15, 2013. If you have not started your tax return yet you might want to consider filing an extension form. Individuals file Form 4868, and partnerships, LLCs, and trusts file Form 7004.

Why should you file an extension? By filing an extension you will avoid late filing penalties and interest. Remember, an extension to file is not an extension to pay. If you owe taxes this year you are still supposed to be paid in by April 15. If not you might owe penalties and interest. Confused? Need help? Hire a CPA. :-)